Patterson Heights Homes For Sale
Patterson Heights a community to call home, a west side community. Looking for a home or condo on the west side, you have found all the listings available. View homes in other communities by our Calgary Real Estate search or to view all the newest Calgary homes for sale.
The Calgary West community of Patterson, also referred to as Patterson Heights, includes the adjacent and exclusive neighbourhood of Prominence Point. An apt name as this area is elevated above the city on Broadcast Hill and lies between Old Banff Coach Road and the edge of the escarpment. There is a home for everyone in lofty neighbourhood high above Sarcee Trail, from apartment and townhome-style condos, single-family and executive luxury homes with commanding views of the city. Development of this area around the television station, which once stood alone high on the hill on Calgary’s western edge, began in the mid-1980s and continued throughout the 1990s. It’s a medium-sized community with a population of 5,000, 80% of which is over the age of 18 years. While not predominately a family community as it was when first constructed, it was planned with family-lifestyles in mind with small parks and safe, quiet streets. Read More...
Patterson Homes for Sale
It seemed only natural that homes in this residential pocket, with sloping streets and sweeping views, should be built in the style of homes in San Francisco. Many of the grand homes look out over the city or back onto some of the beautiful wooded ravines on the north slope of the hill. There are many unique homes in Patterson with striking architectural details. Homes for sale in Patterson feature stucco, vinyl siding or brick exteriors. Homes and townhomes with walkouts are common.
Home prices start in the $300,000s for attached multi-family homes to luxury residences priced in the $2 to $3 million-dollar range. Single-family homes make up 29% of all residences in Patterson while townhomes, condos and duplexes make up the rest. It is one of the denser communities in the Broadcast Hill area.
Patterson Neighbourhood Amenities
Some of the best amenities in a neighbourhood can be the natural ones. In Patterson Heights and Prominence Point, the natural amenities are the views, the woodland areas and ravines common to the Broadcast Hill area. It’s a fun neighbourhood to explore, full of character and hidden gems such as the historical Hart House, a large brick mansion once owned by wrestling king Stu Hart. The original Olympic village for media people is in this area, now a condo-complex.
- Residents appreciate Patterson for the variety and proximity to downtown. Handy to Calgary’s core, super convenient to Sarcee Trail and Old Banff Coach Road which provide direct access to the highway west.
- Patterson is moments away from another Olympic venue that is used 24/7/365 – Winsport Canada Olympic Park. The luge, bobsled tracks, ski jump, and downhill skiing area is a legacy from the 1988, but in the meantime, mountain bike trails, a zip line and four hockey arenas have been added to the complex.
- Optimist Park is just across Sarcee Trail, with some of Calgary’s best little league diamonds and two hockey rinks.
- Indoor recreation is as close as Westside Rec Centre on 69 St & 17 Ave SW.
- Shopping is close by at Westbrook Mall to the east, or West Hills/Signal Hill Shopping Centre just five minutes south. There are more shops, restaurants, medical clinics and services along 85 St SW in the West Springs area.
Despite it’s relatively low population of school-aged children, there are many fine schools and childcare facilities in and around the neighbourhood. Elementary students attend Olympic Heights or Battalion Park Schools with the option to also attend Wildwood Elementary School down the hill in Wildwood. Separate school students attend John W. Costello Catholic Elementary School. Older students attend Vincent Massey Junior High School or St. Gregory Catholic Middle School. High schoolers attend Ernest Manning Senior High School on 69 St and 17 Ave SW, Bishop Carroll Catholic Senior High School or may also take transit downtown to Western Canada or St Mary’s Senior High Schools.