Killarney - A South West Calgary Neighbourhood
Although the area that is now known as Killarney/Glengarry was annexed by the city in 1910 and plans to create subdivision had been registered in 1906, the community was not established until 1945. Today, the Killarney/Glengarry community finds its north boundary at 17 Avenue, its south boundary at Richmond Road, its east boundary at Crowchild Trail and its west boundary at 37 Street. While some commercial development has occurred within the community, primarily along 17th Avenue SW, the community offers a variety of open spaces and parks for residents to enjoy.
Thanks to the long history of the Killarney/Glengarry community, those who are interested in living in the community will find that there are many housing options available to select from. During the early 1900s, the one-story clapboard houses were the most common. Following World War II, however, one-story stucco bungalows were the most prominent in the area. Read More...
Under the guidelines of the Killarney/Glengarry Area Redevelopment Plan, newer construction typically involves 25 foot lots and housing specifications that are architecturally compatible with the community's existing streetscape.