What to Know About the First-Time Home Buyers Incentive
Details Released Regarding the First-Time Buyer Program
To clear up some of the confusion and specify the requirements and guidelines, below are key dates for program role out and points to be aware of:
- The first date purchases are eligible to qualify for the home buyers incentive are September 2nd. The first closings on the program are November 1st.
- Buyers who purchase property before September 2nd are not eligible for the program, even if the closing happens after September 2nd.
- First-time buyers must have saved at least the minimum 5% down payment.
- To count as a first-time buyer, client or their spouse cannot have owned a property in the last 4 years. Technically they could have owned a home before to qualify for the program, but not within the past 4 years.
- If a person is going through a divorce or ending a common...