There's always something to be grateful for... Thanksgiving Day is the perfect time to remind each other of the many reasons there are to be grateful. At this time we catch one's breath to count our blessings. The freedom of this great country of Canada which we live in. For our work colleagues, for their professionalism, inspiration, and sense of humour. The food on our tables, shelter and unconditional love from our family and friends.
When you think of Thanksgiving, what images come to mind for you? The long weekend kicking off the autumn season? Raking leaves and kids having fun playing in them? Harvesting the crops? Shutting down the lake cottage? Eating yummy roast turkey? Pumpkin pie? Watching football on tv with the family? Perhaps watching the Thanksgiving...
Something to think about before listing your Calgary Home Vacant
Home staging is proven marketing technique for selling homes. Here is something you should consider before listing your home vacant.
- 90% of people can not imagine what a space would look like with furniture
- People buy homes, not houses so its important to make buyers feel at home
- An empty space looks smaller and the negatives become more noticeable
- A vacant space show cold, dark and unwelcoming
Take a look at our before and after photos of a vacant property we staged in Mission. Buyers were having a hard time visualizing the floor plan and felt the space was too small. After staging this properties sold in 42 days was on the market 210 days prior to staging.
This particular home was staged by Elysse at Simply Stylish...
Selling your Calgary House during the Holiday Season
Lets face it Christmas is fast approaching the weather is cooling off and the snow will soon start to fall. All these factors make it more difficult to sell your home.
Yes Buyer's are distracted with holiday shopping and time with family but you can tempt buyers to take a look at your property with these holiday staging ideas.
A wreath on the front door gives buyers a welcoming feel. It can be seen from the street so it bumps up your curb appeal. Choose colors that match the exterior of your home.
You need to remember when selling your home less is more. You don't want your home to...
Many Canadian buyers consider purchasing a home or condo in Hawai'i, not only as a reprieve from the unforgiving winter months, but also as an investment (which could easily turn into a retirement haven). But before spending everything in the savings account, buyers should keep a few things in mind:
* Financing - Although savvy investors flock to the U.S. for their property investments, the options to finance a real estate purchase in the U.S. by foreign citizens is extremely limited. A method used by some Canadians is to use existing line of credits, secured by their home, to purchase their Maui condos and homes. As such,...