Calgary Real Estate Newsletter - August 2012
The heat wave is going continue to for a bit longer so I thought I would share with you 3 tips for keeping your home cool and comfortable for the whole family, without air conditioning.
- Keep Window Coverings Closed - We all love to have that natural light and sun beaming through into the rooms of our homes, but during warm summers like what we're having, this can boost the thermostat an unwanted 15-20 degrees. Close the blinds, curtains or shutters just until the direct sun has passed and is no longer hitting the glass windows. Then you should be clear to let that natural light in again.
- No Oven Cooking Ater 1:00 PM - Kitchen appliances such as your range or stove top can heat up the house in no time. Try not to use these appliances after 1:00 pm and instead take advantage of the great weather and cook or grill outside. Keep your home cool by moving your cooking to the grill or bar-b-q.
- Direct Evening/Morning Air Using Fans - In the evening, your house is likely a tad warmer than you would like it. By directing fans to the outside you can pull the warm air from within the house and push it to the outside through the windows. In the mornings you want to do the opposite. Face your fans away from the open windows and they will pull the cooler outside air into your home.
Calgary Real Estate Market Performance Updated local market stats for single family home and condos as of August 7, 2012 as released by the Calgary Real Estate Board. Let me know if you have any questions or would like additional information.
Single Family Homes
- Active Listings - 3,642
- New Listings - 1,879
- Total Sales - 1,384
- Average Sale Price -$478,436
- Pending Sales - 192
- Days on Market - 40
- Active Listings - 1,161
- New Listings - 476
- Total Sales - 311
- Average Sale Price -$286,230
- Pending Sales - 62
- Days on Market - 54
- Active Listings - 623
- New Listings - 305
- Total Sales - 239
- Average Sale Price -$303,379
- Pending Sales - 56
- Days on Market - 45
For complete details on the Calgary real estate market for July 2012 please click here.
Here are a couple of notable articles from our blog since our last newsletter:
Enjoy the rest of your summer and I'll see you in September.
|Follow On TwitterFriend Us On Facebook Forward To A Friend|
Search MLS HomesUse the link below to start creating your own personalized Calgary real estate MLS search.
Free Market ReportCurious what homes in your neighbourhood are selling for, sign up today for our free no obligation market report.
Free Home EvaluationHave you ever wondered what your home is worth? Find out with a free online evaluation.