Calgary Real Estate Market Update Newsletter December 2012
The Holidays Are Here!
Christmas is fast approaching and like me, I hope you are excited to spend time with family and friends over the holidays. A tradition in our family, like many families is to whip up a collection of holiday baked goods. Treats for the family, to make as gifts or simply to take with you to holiday gatherings for everyone to enjoy. A favorite in our house are Gingerboy Cookies. Below is a recipe for these delectable treats you might want to try this year.
6 cups all purpose flour 1 tablespoon baking powder 1 tablespoon ground ginger 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1 teaspoon ground cloves 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup shortening, melted and cooled slightly 1 cup molasses 1 cup packed brown sugar 1/2 cup water 1 egg 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift together flour, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the shortening, molasses, brown sugar, water, egg, and vanilla until smooth. Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, until they are completely absorbed. Divide dough into 3 pieces, pat down to 1 1/2 inch thickness, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 1 inch apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven. When the cookies are done, they will look dry, but still be soft to the touch. Remove from the baking sheet to cool on wire racks. When cool, the cookies can be frosted with the icing of your choice.
Now for your monthly dose of Calgary real estate market statistics.
Calgary Real Estate Market Performance Updated local market stats for single family home and condos as of November 12, 2012 as released by the Calgary Real Estate Board. Let me know if you have any questions or would like additional information.
Single Family Homes
- Active Listings - 2,583
- New Listings - 1,157
- Total Sales - 1,006
- Average Sale Price -$488,304
- Pending Sales - 129
- Days on Market - 48
- Active Listings - 819
- New Listings - 286
- Total Sales - 253
- Average Sale Price -$310,495
- Pending Sales - 51
- Days on Market - 58
- Active Listings - 426
- New Listings - 188
- Total Sales - 198
- Average Sale Price -$315,380
- Pending Sales - 20
- Days on Market - 50
For complete details on the Calgary real estate market for November 2012 please click here.
Recent Articles from Calgary Listings